Many parents use Verizon Smart Family to monitor their children’s online activity and protect them from harmful content. However, there may be times when you want to disable the VPN service. Here’s how.
Checkout this video:
This guide will show you how to turn off the Verizon Smart Family VPN. You will need to be logged in as the primary account holder to do this. If you are not the primary account holder, you will need to contact customer support to have the VPN turned off.
What is Verizon Smart Family VPN?
Verizon Smart Family VPN is a service that helps you keep your family safe online by creating a secure, private network for all your devices. When you use Verizon Smart Family VPN, your family’s internet traffic will go through our servers instead of their ISP’s. This means that your family will be protected from hackers, phishers, and other online threats. In addition, our servers will compress your family’s internet traffic, which can save you money on your monthly bill.
How to Turn Off Verizon Smart Family VPN
If you want to disable the Verizon Smart Family VPN service on your device, you’ll need to follow a few steps. First, open the Verizon Smart Family app and tap on the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen. Next, tap on “VPN Settings” and then toggle off the “Enable VPN” switch. Keep in mind that this will disable the VPN service for all devices that are connected to your Verizon account.
Method One: From the App
1. Open the Verizon Smart Family app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the Devices tab, then tap the device you want to remove VPN from.
3. Tap Manage, then tap VPN.
4. Tap the switch next to VPN to turn it off for that device.
Method Two: From the Website
If you’re more comfortable working with a web interface, you can log in to your Smart Family account on Verizon’s website and adjust your settings there. Here’s how:
1. Go to https://smartfamily.verizon.com in a web browser and log in with your Verizon credentials.
2. Click the Devices tab, then click the device you want to manage under “Manage Devices.”
3. Click the pencil icon next to “VPN,” then click the “X” next to the VPN profile you want to delete.
4. Click Save, then close the window.
We hope this article has helped you understand how to turn off Verizon Smart Family VPN. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.